Puzzle #3: Adventures in Modern Symmetry

As I've been getting more into crosswords, especially indie crosswords, I have been slowly breaking down my reliance on with the more stodgy style I'm used to from the New York Times.

My first "discovery" was the experimentation people have been doing with symmetry (à la https://xwordsbyaladee.blogspot.com/), so I thought I'd try my hand at something similar.

Second, I realized from https://qvxwordz.blogspot.com/ that it's okay to use the first person in a puzzle. I really get annoyed when I have to use the impersonal style in academic writing as part of my other life, and so being freed of this restriction in my hobby (at least on my personal blog) feels great. 27-Across is my response to this (and a reference to my factually incorrect original clue), and I aim to make my voice more explicit in the future.

Other notes:

-- 4-Down is inspired by a King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard album that includes the answer

-- I'm delighted that I got to use the clue for 13-Down

-- I didn't know 54-Across before Crossfire suggested it, but it strikes me as something more people should know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment