Puzzle #2: Bimonthly edition

I started this blog with the expectation that I would post more regularly, on the order of a couple times a month. But of course I confused semimonthly with bimonthly and so instead this is coming out two months after the first post. I'll eventually get around to posting regularly.

This is the first puzzle I made when I started back up; years ago during undergrad I took a winter semester class on crosswords, where I submitted my final puzzle to the NYT and was understandably rejected.

I'd been stewing on this idea for a while, particularly because I wanted to honor 17-Across, one of the best current sci-fi/fantasy writers, and 27-Across, my favorite classic sci-fi/fantasy writer. 

Other notes: 

-- I included 31-Down because I moved there shortly before making this puzzle

-- The clue for 26-Across amuses me probably more than it should 

-- I'm proud to have been able to include 46-Across as a tribute to my friend Stephen

-- Alternative clue for 16-Across: Princes' song in "Into The Woods"

-- Alternative clue for 36-Down: _____ Estus Flask from "Dark Souls"

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment